Stanley's Market ~~ Apple Bowl
Large Slow Cooker/Crock Pot
-4 to 6 links of Stanley's Kielbasa (Depending on size of your slow cooker/crock pot). Try using a variety of Stanley's sausages - Fresh, Smoked, Hot, or Andouille. (Buy online by clicking "SHOP ONLINE" in left toolbar!
-3 or 4 apples (cut in slices, 12ths)
-2 potatoes (chunked)
-1 onion (sliced)
-1/2 to 1 bag baby carrots (less or more depending on room)
-12oz. to 16oz. Beer (must atleast cover raw product), Many varieties of imported Polish beer available at Stanley's Market.
-1/2 cup red wine
-Salt and Pepper to taste
-Experimental additions- Peppers (green or red), Roasted Garlic Cloves, Mushrooms, Celery.
1. Layer bottom of cooker with apples slices. You should have some left over after this.
2. Place Kielbasa directly on top of apples. If you need to layer the sausage, place raw meats under smoked meats.
3. Add potatoes, onions, carrots, and all left over apples.
4. Add beer, wine, and spices.
5. Cook 8-10 hours on low, or 4-5 hours on high.
Serves as a stew; Great with Rye Bread