Yankee Pot Roast (3 to 3 -1/2 hours)
- 1boneless beef chuck pot roast (arm, shoulder or blade) (2-1/2 lb)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 can (14 to 14-1/2 oz) beef broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1-1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 pkg (16 oz each) frozen stew vegetable mixture
1. Combine flour and 3/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Lightly coat beef pot roast with 2 Tbsp flour
mixture. Heat oil in a stockpot over medium heat until hot; brown pot roast.
2. Mix remaining flour mixture with broth, wine, and thyme until smooth. Add to pot; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2 hours. Add vegetables; bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
simmer, covered, 30 to 45 minutes or until beef and vegetables are fork-tender. Skim fat.
3. Carve pot roast; season with salt. Serve with vegetables and sauce.